Jeff and Jennifer

Jeff and Jennifer
Love!

Monday, February 6, 2012

It's been a while

Wow, I can't believe we are already into February! January was over in a blink. Things have been crazy busy with "normal" day to day that I haven't had much time to write and update. The last time I wrote was a very frustrating day to say the least, and I've had many more since then.

Since then we have the signed, approved home study in hand. It feels good to finally have that and it gives us the opportunity to seek situations without feeling like we have to rush some of the paperwork or pay extra. Other than that, all is quiet as usual. Last week, through chance, we were able to forward our profile to an expectant mother.Though we haven't heard whether she chose us or not, at least we can say our profile has been seen. The situation seemed ideal however the other shoe fell and we learned more about her family medical history and her past and current situation that if selected we aren't necessarily comfortable with taking the risk. I know...we want a baby...bad, but if it doesn't feel right, it doesn't feel right. You can only hope and pray that there is a family out there that is right for the little one.

While we continue to wait for that "right" situation, we did some research on the Catholic Charities here in our area and we might be joining their list of prospective parents. Also, I've been busy bugging Jeff about our nursery and at least getting a head start on the prep of the room. I've selected a theme and selected wall colors. I feel like if I keep working on this room and "prepping" for baby K's arrival that we will be rewarded sooner rather than later!

This week, I also hope to create a facebook page as a supplement to our online profile. Maybe through this form of networking we can identify a birth mother or someone who knows someone. Stranger things have happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment