Jeff and Jennifer

Jeff and Jennifer
Love!

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

All Things Adoption!

Today Jeff and I met with our Agency of choice, Heart of Adoptions Inc. here in Tampa. We were nervous and excited as we pulled into the parking lot...this was our first "big" step to completing our family! Application in hand, questions listed out we opened the door to what we hope and pray is a joyous road.

Ms. S. went through the application, discussing each section and the situations that can come from it. We discussed how the process works, and what our next steps are. Jeff and I were excited to learn that once our local and federal clearances come back our profile will be ready to be viewed by birth mothers. She shed light to the number of families in waiting, the average age and the percentage of birth mothers who decide to parent. Jeff and I left our meeting feeling very informed and more confident of the process. With a few minor details to discuss we returned to the car to finish the application. I was so eager I told Ms. S. that I would be back in a few minutes as I didn't want to mail it in!
Here I am writing out the check for the application fee!

The application has been turned in, we can begin working on our profile and we will be making an appointment to initiate the local and federal background checks! We can officially say we are "in the process"!

Today was also a very hard day. Because of timing and scheduling, we also met with our Reproductive Endocrinologist to discuss what our next steps were/are and to talk about our miscarriage. Tears flowed as we talked about what happened and what we have for us in the future. Our doctor is confident that if we try IVF again, it can work...he just doesn't want us to give up. He does support us however in whatever we choose. The discussion is still open on when we will approach IVF again...and we know that it's not in our cards at this moment in time. Dr. S has been wonderful and as we left our office he gave me a hug and said that he wants nothing but the best for us!

I like the feeling of being an official parent in waiting! :)

"All who call on God in true faith, earnestly from the heart, will certainly be heard, and will receive what they have asked and desired." Martin Luther



No comments:

Post a Comment